Re: Moving a PostgreSQL database from one server to another

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

I'm running it as the user "rpaiz" who owns the database, and this user
is consistently able to access the database via psql and a password.
pg_dump is returning nothing.

While we're here, I thought the correct command would be this:

$ pg_dump -ovFc -f flightlog.out flightlog

I personally use: $ pg_dump -- format c --no-owner database_name > file.out

On the other server I create the database if necessary:
$ createdb database_name

Followed by:
pg_restore --dbname database_name --no-owner file.out

This way has worked as a charm for me every time I used it.

--
Regards,

André