Re: Moving a PostgreSQL database from one server to another

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 12:28, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> Hi, everyone:
>
> I'll happily accept a pointer to an FM I can R, but haven't found it
> yet. I'm just moving to PostgreSQL from MySQL, and so far I really
> really like it. The learning curve for a total newbie has been very easy
> thus far (easier than MySQL by a good chunk), and I simply love the fact
> that I finally have referential integrity, transactions, and stored
> procedores in an open-source database.

I think what you are looking for is the

pg dump

or

pg dumpall

commands.

Been a few months since I worked directly with a postgresql database but
I think that is what you use.  You then should be able to load that back
on the other system.

I really liked postgresql also.

--
Scot L. Harris