How to improve performance? (starter)

I would like to adopt Fedora2 / 3 as my preffered OS at home. However I need first to improve its performance on my machine (an AMD K6_2 with 128 MB RAM).

Mozilla is taking 20 sec to load, OpenOffice applications even longer. On the System Monitor, it looks like the RAM is too busy...

Any hints or sites where I could find the basics on improving performance? Should I try another Linux?

TKS, A

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador do Yahoo! agora.