Re: How to improve performance? (starter)

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 18:38 -0300, Alexandre Vernille wrote:
> Mozilla is taking 20 sec to load, OpenOffice applications even longer.
> On the System Monitor, it looks like the RAM is too busy...
>
> Any hints or sites where I could find the basics on improving
> performance? Should I try another Linux?

Linux = the kernel. You mean should you try another distribution?  I
doubt that will help.

If you are running KDE or Gnome, try xfce instead.

Switching from Mozilla to Firefox MIGHT help.

Kill all the services that you do not require.

If you have panel applets running that you don't need - whack them.