re: usb problems with Fedora Core 3

    I see exactly the same behavior under FC2 with the latest kernel and
initscripts. The flash icon only appears in the Computer folder of the
Gnome desktop if I boot with the Lexar memory key installed. Upon removing
and reinserting the key, the flash icon disappears and doesn't come back.
I can manually mount the flash device at the scsi address it is assigned
but the automounting is broken.
                  Jack