Gnome & FC3 Desktop Questions

Hello,

I appologize if these questions have been asked before or if they have simple answers that I should have been able to find on my own, but I've done a bit of searching and I am unable to procure an answer. I'm fairly new to Linux, though I used it a bit a few years ago, and I'm not familiar with desktop managers. I've just recently installed a copy of fedora core 3 onto a p3 650MHz box to use as a workstation at work, running the Gnome desktop. My questions revolve around some simple sounding issues that my boss has with this box, as he uses it as well.

When using the keyboard shortcut editor, there is an action under the window management section for "Toggle Full Screen" and "Toggle Maximization State". While there are Action items for "Maximize Window Vertically" and "Maximize Window Horizontally" there are no toggles for either of these (i.e. I can use <Control><1> to maximize the window vertically, but I can not press <Control><1> to bring it back to it's regular size). My question is, is there a way to make toggle buttons for these actions? or do they already exist and I'm just not looking in the right place?

My second question is, would it be possible to put a different background image into each workspace? if so, how do I go about doing this?

Thank you all in advance for any help you are able to provide.

Regards,
Joseph