Firewall and Hardware questions

Hello Everyone,

It has been a long while since I have been on, and I again I am in need of guidance.

I am currently running a WIFI network which includes a dell PIII 600 running XP pro,

A dell XPS laptop with XP pro, and a Celeron 600 custom box.  My original plan

Was to turn the custom box into a firewall/online storage/webserver.  If all of that is

Possible from one box.  I went to www.tldp.org and downloaded the .pdf  about

Bridge+firewall+DSL howto.  From my understanding DSL/Cable are the same thing.

It does not say anything about what flavor of Linux to use, That is one question.

Second question is I know I need dual NICS’ in the box but the custom machine

Stated above died. So I am replacing it and I just need to know if 512 RAM and

If I need to go with  a 40 or 80 gig hard drive?  Sorry if there was useless stuff surrounding

The actual questions.

Regards,

Mathew