Re: configure wireless security

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 10:36, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

> Oh, and I just found the last piece I was missing in posting from Roman
> Maeder.  In short, on my laptop the wireless interface gets configured
> on boot even if I have "ONBOOT=no" in ifcfg-eth1.  Apperently, according
> to Roman, "HOTPLUG=no" is also needed.  I'll have to give it a try when
> I get home.

If it is a pcmcia wireless card you may be out of luck.  If you tell it
not to start at boot time pcmcia cards get started anyways when the
pcmcia services start.  What's even worse is if you tell it to start at
boot time the network services get messed up because pcmcia is not
started yet and this normally causes the pcmcia network cards NOT to
start at boot time.  This feature is badly broken and does not work any
logical way.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx