Re: configure wireless security

> One catch, the interface must be a wireless device (icon will have a
> little box in the upper right corner with waves radiating to it from the
> lower left corner) and not an ethernet device (icon looks like a network
> ~ card.) If the network card (NIC) is set up as an ethernet device,
> simply delete it and add a new wireless device to replace it.

-

I have tried the above method  and it renders me not being able to
connect.  The kwifi tool  I use for now, just lets me  see if i'm
getting any signal, and it also lets me know when I have a IP address.
  from what i uderstand i can use iwconfig  or  neat (networkmanager)
the cmd
NetworkManagerInfo in the terminal uts a icon om my tool bar. but when
I try to use that  it locks up my system so, i feel that i'm stuck
with out using a secure AP at home.

If I change my settings in both Fedora & my Router I can't connect.  I
get a "Set bite Rate not supported error and it tells me to check the
so here it is... my trials and tribulations....

Broadcast SSID, No Security = Connection
NO Broadcast SSID, No Security = No Connection
Broadcast SSID, WEP Security = NO Connection
NO Broadcast SSID, WEP Security = NO Connection

I've read the iwconfig man page followed the instructions
I even we nt as far as  coping the ifcfg-eth1 text file into another
edited it by adding the KEY
field to it put it back into /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ and
reboot,  I get the   "Set bite Rate not supported error and it tells
me to check the cable  on boot.

--

Still Learning Linux
Still HaTE Microsoft