Re: All Windows Open but are Locked in Original location and size

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 17:02, A. Rick Anderson wrote:
> I'm not sure how, but starting today, I can't move or resize any of the
> application windows on my desktop.   They open just fine.  But when I
> grab the title bar, I get the move mouse cursor, but the window doesn't
> move.  When I select the resize icon, I get the stretch cursor, but the
> window doesn't move.  If the application itself resizes, such as
> offering a full-screen mode, the application responds as expected.  But
> windows themselves don't respond to me.  I've gone into the various
> settings available, and I can't see any that would cause this behavior.
> Any clues or pointers to where I'd find this in the manual would be
> appreciated.

I've experienced a similar bug back on FC1, but never quite figured out
what it was. I think it started after installing the kde-redhat
packages, and I know it worked after switching back to using a KDE
desktop.

If you try logging in using a KDE desktop (or use switchdesk to change
the default to KDE), does it work then?

Do you use kde-redhat? (it might have been something else in my case)

Regards,
--
Tarjei