All Windows Open but are Locked in Original location and size

I'm not sure how, but starting today, I can't move or resize any of the application windows on my desktop. They open just fine. But when I grab the title bar, I get the move mouse cursor, but the window doesn't move. When I select the resize icon, I get the stretch cursor, but the window doesn't move. If the application itself resizes, such as offering a full-screen mode, the application responds as expected. But windows themselves don't respond to me. I've gone into the various settings available, and I can't see any that would cause this behavior. Any clues or pointers to where I'd find this in the manual would be appreciated.

--
A. Rick Anderson