Re: mplayer

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 16:04, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> Talk about speed, mplayers companion mencoder rips both data and audio from a
> 7gig DVD in about 1hr15 mins leaving behing a 1.5 gig avi

Frankly, I prefer to use RMVB nowadays compared to avi. It's much
smaller and it packs more punch.

eg: I feel that it's nicer. Mayb that's because I don't know how to
encode it properly using mencoder. @700kbits, the quality I get is
usually poorer compared to whet I can get using rmvb.

> Now this took about 8 hours on my win box. both of my PCs are pretty big P4s
> with 512 mb ddr ram.

I won't contest to that, But since I don't know how to do it using Linux
using rmvb, I've used the windows counterpart called "autorv9"

which works great.

(ps: I can usually get _very_ nice qualities of a 40min sitcom on
DVD->RMVB at 220MB)

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz