problem with my fedora core 3 installation

hey i just tried to install fedora core 3 on my system. i was planning
on doing a dual boot with windows XP pro/linus fedora. i formatted my
secondary hard drive to install fedora on it. i then went on to
install fedora core 3 on that hard drive. during installation
everything went just fine. however, when my computer restarted, my
dell startup screen came up as normal. then the word "GRUB" came up on
a black screen. it is in the upper left hand corner with a blinking
cursor next to it. i am not able to type anything and i have no idea
what to do! can somebody please help me. thanks if you can!