Glib repair

Greetings,

So, I apparently did a bad thing and I'm trying to see how to fix it.  I was trying to install Gimp-2.2.1 from source, and in the process, I broke something in my glib 1.2 installation, while trying to install glib 2.8.  I attempted to reinstall the glib 1.2.10 rpm, but programs such as my old Gimp 2.0 or Firefox, or Evolution will run.  For example, running gimp from the command line gives me this error:

(gimp-2.0:5761): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: g_type_add_private() called multiple times for the same type
Segmentation fault

I attempted to reinstall Firefox, but even the installer won't run, and just gives me a segmentation fault.

I'm using Fedora Core 1.  This may be my excuse to back everything up and upgrade to FC2, but I'd really rather not do that right now.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this error?

Sean