Re: Ltwinmodem

--- Chadley Wilson <chadley@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Monday 03 January 2005 15:38, Paul wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Could some one direct me to a driver for the LT
> Winmodem for Fedora 3,
> >
> > Linmodems.org not have one?
> >
> > Really, go for an external modem and drop those
> cheap nasty winmodems in
> > the bin - they're nothing but trouble.
> >
> > TTFN
> >
> > Paul
>
> Personally Yes I agree with you, unfortunately I
> can't, I run one of the
> biggest PC manufacturing plants in Africa, and we
> the buyer change the
> hardware we have to make it work.
> We were using the smartlinks which were easy, now
> lucent despite my efforts to
> have them banned in linux systems.
>
> I will look on Linmodems.org, but what I would
> really appreciate later this
> week is if someone could show me how to create an
> rpm for this modem for FC3.
>
> My staff are not as clued up as I am on the Linux
> playground and I never get a
> break from work unless the drivers are in rpm form.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Chadley Wilson
> Redhat Certified Technician
> Cert Number: 603004708291270
> Pinnacle Micro
> Manufacturers of Proline Computers

You can try http://ltmodem.heby.de/ and click on
sources.  Download from Canada, or Germany

 ltmodem-8.26a.tar.gz  	  ltmodem-8.26a.tar.gz  	 For
use through kernel versions 2.4.20
It does in fact fail for some RedHat 2.4.21, for lack
of the fedora fix
ltmodem-8.31a10.tar.gz 	ltmodem-8.31a10.tar.gz 	Debian
binary build fixed

Click on Germany or Canada and you will find some rpms
for the system that you are running.

Antonio