Re: What happened to my swap ? !!

On Sunday 02 January 2005 13:39, Appeet wrote:
>Thank you everyone. Now I see swap being available for use!
>
>Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:On Sunday 02 January
2005 12:50, Appeet wrote:
>>I originally installed my installation with swap on hdb4 (linux on
>> hda2)
>>
>>However when I "physically" mounted my second harddrive I had to
>> install it as a secondary slave. Because of this reason the
>> definition for my swap is now hdd4. When I do a "top" I see that
>> swap available is "0" (I originally had 1 gb on hdb4) so i guess
>> my question now is how do I make linux use hdd4 as swap.
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>
>Thats set in /etc/fstab, use your fav editor to fix the line
>containing /dev/hdb4 by changing it to /dev/hdd4. Then rather that
>rebooting, just do a "swapon -a" (without the dblquotes of course,
>see the "man swapon" page) which should properly enable it.

Now, one more thing, please fix your quoting in your email agent, it
is not prefixing each line with an additional > character to indicate
the quoting levels, so it looks as if I sent your reply.  That gets
confuzing to the other readers of your messages.

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)