Re: What happened to my swap ? !!

Thank you everyone. Now I see swap being available for use!

Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sunday 02 January 2005 12:50, Appeet wrote:
>I originally installed my installation with swap on hdb4 (linux on
> hda2)
>
>However when I "physically" mounted my second harddrive I had to
> install it as a secondary slave. Because of this reason the
> definition for my swap is now hdd4. When I do a "top" I see that
> swap available is "0" (I originally had 1 gb on hdb4) so i guess my
> question now is how do I make linux use hdd4 as swap.
>
>Thanks in advance.

Thats set in /etc/fstab, use your fav editor to fix the line
containing /dev/hdb4 by changing it to /dev/hdd4. Then rather that
rebooting, just do a "swapon -a" (without the dblquotes of course,
see the "man swapon" page) which should properly enable it.