Re: yum unfinished update

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 12:17 -1000, Amy M wrote:
> When I started a yum update but stopped before the installation stage,
> those packages (whose headers have been downloaded) will not get updated
> the next time I do a fresh yum update.  Is there any way to install
> those packages?

What do you mean by "will not get updated"

In my experience, if the package is not updated, the status of the
headers has nothing to do with the update except it obviates the need to
repeat the download of headers.

I have repeatedly had updates that failed to complete, and when I
restarted it the update began from the point where it previously ended.
Regardless of whether that was in the download of headers, download of
packages, or actually during the update of the packages.

It seems that yum is able to check all the involved parts and figure out
where it ended and restart without repeating or skipping anything. (As I
would expect it to do.)