Re: FC3 RealPlayer 10 Gold

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:12:21 -0600, AdabalaP@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<AdabalaP@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I cannot play music CD's using this realplayer, Has any one able too ?
> Looks like the CDROM dose not get mounted ! When i try using the "CD
> player" the default from FC3 installation, the CD gets mounted and it plays
> the records but there is no audio ?

Can you play CD's with other apps? Probably you have other options in
Applications--Sound and Video. "CD Player" is one example. If none of
them work, which I suspect, read on ...

Very often, the inability to play CD's is a Linux quirk: you know that
thin cable you used to have running from your CD-rom drive to the
sound card? Windows doesn't need it anymore, most of the time, but
Linux still does. Without it, you can't get sound from the CD out to
the speakers.

My work computer has a removable CD-rom drive that isn't designed to
handle a cable. I get around the problem by ripping my CD's with grip
or Sound Juicer, and playing the .ogg format output with xmms,
Rhythmbox (Music Player), xmms, Totem, or xine. It's more work, but
it's a good excuse to rip my CD's.