Re: Newbie

Matthew Miller wrote:
On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 10:30:32PM -0500, Mark Weaver wrote:

However, if you don't have an extra $50 and have no need for multiple
computers to use the connection, the first option should be fine.

wireless is evil! ;)

Sounds like someone is jealous. :)

Oh no...no...no... I'm very happy with my hardwired network. All I've gotta do is run some cat5, put a data port on the wall and plug in. I don't particularly care of wireless cause its just not very secure yet. Its like the old-time party lines where anyone could just pick up and listen in. Its getting there though. I can think of a few places in my house where it would definitely be a benefit over a wired connection to the server and gateway.

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."