Re: Gnome Nautilus questions (FC3)

Chris Ruprecht wrote:
Hello all you friendly people,

I have wrecked my brain over Gnome's nautilus and I must be missing
something, somewhere. Every folder opens in a new window - shudder. All
default folders have these massive icon in them ...

How to I set up Nautilus to display files and folders with a treeview on
the left with the systems directory structure and the folder content in
'list' view to the right of it?

Best regards,
Chris

Right click on your home desktop icon. Choose browse Folder. Now go to the Edit menu and choose preferences. On the tab marked Behavior, ckeck the always open in browse checkmark.

You could also use the configuration editor to set nautilus to browse mode.

Jim

--
The public demands certainties; it must be told definitely and a bit
raucously that this is true and that is false. But there are no certainties.