Gnome Nautilus questions (FC3)

Hello all you friendly people,

I have wrecked my brain over Gnome's nautilus and I must be missing
something, somewhere. Every folder opens in a new window - shudder. All
default folders have these massive icon in them ...

How to I set up Nautilus to display files and folders with a treeview on
the left with the systems directory structure and the folder content in
'list' view to the right of it?

Best regards,
Chris

--
Don't ask me nothin' about nothin' - I might just tell you the
truth ...