Re: Can't boot New Installation. (2nd Post )

Kevin wrote:
Dear all,

I have met the same trouble. It is because that FC3 automatically
mounts your ext3 partition at position /1, not / . So, GRUB can not
continue with stage2. This always occurs when you install FC3 on
existing / volume. Just install it again and mount the partition at /
instead of /1 , it works.

I believe you mixed up ext[23] file system labels and mount points. The label will be /1 (in an pitty attempt to make labels uniq if you have an old installation on some other partition), but the mount point for it will be /. Check fstab and grub.conf files, and you'll see that reference for partition is /1, but reference for root mount point is /.

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited