Re: Mono??

Hi,

> There are no RPMs that I am aware of, so I built it from source.

There are RPMs for 1.0.5 for FC3 (so I was told with a big stick on the
mono-devel list!)

http://www.all-the-johnsons.co.uk/mono/mono-building.html may help

> There are some "tricks" in getting everything working.  This includes
> getting the correct development RPMs installed, as well as getting some
> additional source tarballs and patches installed.  It's not too ugly,
> but it could be cleaner.

Basically, make sure you have gtkhtml3-devel and glade-devel installed
and things go a lot smoother!

> The Mono newsgroups have not been very helpful either.

What mono news groups? Do you mean the mailing lists? If you mean them,
we're obviously not using the same lists.

> Once you get things installed, you'll find that there really is no VB
> yet.

There is. What there isn't is System.Windows.Forms support. Again, if
you compile from source, you can install the new material.

TTFN

Paul
--
"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
- Life of Brian, Monty Python