Providing host names via private IP addresses / DHCP

I've got a machine currently running Fedora Core 1, and over the
semester break I want upgrade it to FC3, and also get the machine
to provide hostnames. Currenlty the machine has 9 ethernet ports,
one connected to the college backbone, and the other 8 planned to
go to 8 computer labs of 20 computer each. I have the DHCP setup
to provide different blocks of IPs to each room off each port,
192.168.1.x thru 192.168.8.x, but the systems don't get host names.
The IPtables configuration provides web access, and even the FTP
with the ip_tables entries, but not the host name. I am just looking to
get the machines to have names like host1-100 or similar. Right
now, the labs connect directly to the backbone with no firewall, and
get names like host73-196.guamcc.net.

My primary lab currently has multi-boot machines with 98/XP/FC2 or
FC3, currently 12 with FC3 and 8 with FC2.

Thanks.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu
Number of Seti Units Returned:  15,083
Processing time:  29 years, 246 days,  8 hours,  8 minutes
(Total Hours: 259,952)