Re: enforce screensaver for all users of a system?

Ed Wilts wrote:
> Without thinking about it too hard, I'd create my own system-wide
> .xscreensaver file.  Then, at user creation time, create a symlink to
> the system version and make the symlink owned by root with no user write
> access.  I obviously haven't tested this to prove that it works without
> breaking anything either.

Won't work; the home directory is probably user-writable, so the user
can just delete the symlink.  Remember, if you have write on a directory
you can create or delete files in that directory (even if you don't own
them, if sticky bit isn't set on the directory).  I suspect you'd need to
have ~/.xscreensaver be an actual copy of the file and set it immutable
with chattr +i to make this approach work.

  -- Steve Bonneville