Re: enforce screensaver for all users of a system?

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 16:41:13 -0500,
  Matt Morgan <minxmertzmomo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We're migrating some of our users to FC3 from Windows (yay!). In
Windows, we use system policies to force password-protected
screensavers to turn on after a certain amount of idle time.

Isn't this really a people problem? You should be able to set the value
you want and let people know if they change it the will be subject
to some kind of disciplinary action.

You have to catch them first. If you can set a policy that they cannot change, but can be changed only by root, then this is easier on system administrators. The configuration file can be set and then copied onto other user's home directories to lock down the screensaver. Other system configurations can be set similarly.

James McKenzie