Re: hostid gives identical values on all FC machines

Hi,

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:01:35 -0600, aaron hirsch <aaronh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Verify you have actually change the hostname of the machines in
> questions.../etc/sysconfig/network & /etc/hosts...the value you show is
> returned when localhost.localdomain is in /etc/sysconfig/network...i saw
> the same issue, change the values in the files and issue the hostname
> <realhostname> command and try again.

Thanks for that.  It was the /etc/hosts file.  The others all had the
correct hostname, but /etc/hosts had it as 127.0.0.1 (along with
localhost)

Edited /etc/hosts and problem solved...no more identical triplets !  ;-)

Something must have changed in the way the hosts file is generated at
install time, because I don't recall ever having to do that before,
but OTOH, maybe that just means my memory is shot ;-)

Thanks again,
Andrew