Re: hostid gives identical values on all FC machines

Andrew Mather said:
[snip]
> Something must have changed in the way the hosts file is generated at
> install time, because I don't recall ever having to do that before, but
> OTOH, maybe that just means my memory is shot ;-)

Probably that the dialog in Anaconda was made more obvious so you put the
hostname in during the install instead of setting the hostname after the
install.

Having the hostname resolve to localhost kind of helps with DHCP machines
so that X doesn't freak out if the IP changes.

--
William Hooper