Re: Why the switch from TightVNC to RealVNC?

Is it because RealVNC is popular in Windows systems?

I could not connect from FC2 to a Windows box with RealVNC on it.

Timothy.

Steve Bergman wrote:

I'm interested to know what the reasons were for switching from TightVNC
to RealVNC.  I know that earlier versions of RedHat/Fedora Linux used
TightVNC, but now RealVNC seems to have replaced it.

Understand, I'm not in disagreement with the change, but as I am
evaluating both for a project, I'm curious.

-Steve Bergman