Re: FC3 DVD iso won't boot

Bruce wrote:

Fedora List:

I have grabbed the i386 image and not the x86_64. So I am trying to get
the DVD image for i386 to boot. Has anyone been able to get this image
burned to a DVD to boot.

Bruce

Bruce, I don't think there's anything wrong with your burn. I can boot the DVD with 2 PCs I've tried it in with Samsung DVD-ROMs, but my main server refuses to boot the DVD (HP Pavilion with a Hitachi GD5000 DVD-ROM).

I already had FC2 on the drive, so I cheated. Copied the ISO to a partition, and used a hard drive installation. If you cannot do this, try what the other guys suggested and use the CD image to boot. I have made one of those as well, and it will allow installation from DVD.

Regards,
Ed.