Re: ATTN SELF-STYLED LIST POLICE (was RE: Mr. Day)

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 10:28 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:

When I used to be on the wrong end of a slow, expensive link, I wouldn't have dreamed of firing up "yum update".

Why? The opposite is true: Updating/upgrading with yum/apt is by far means less expensive than downloading the iso's, so it actually helps you spare bandwidth, even on slow links.

Who said anything about downloading ISOs? I meant downloading individual RPM packages. For example, I'd probably have downloaded the relatively small and important udev updates as soon as they came out, but the openoffice.org updates would wait until the weekend, if at all.

Paul.