Re: ATTN SELF-STYLED LIST POLICE (was RE: Mr. Day)

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 13:16, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >I am so freaking sick of this BULLSHIT about posting HTML and top
> >posting.  It would amuse me if it didn't downright disgust me that
> > the ones who scream the loudest about this crap are the ones who in
> > the next message will bust on some poor newbie for not using the
> > latest version of package X.  Guess what - if your MUA doesn't
> > handle HTML, then SWITCH FREAKING MUAs!!!!  It is the 21st century,
> > for Chrissakes!  If you *CHOOSE* to use an MUA that doesn't handle
> > HTML, I don't wanna hear you bitch about it!  It's YOUR choice,
> > freaking live with it.
>
> No, its not ok, and I won't live with it.  I routinely delete unread,
> and undisplayed, html only mails here.  HTML is a friggin security
> risk and I'll be damned if I'll turn it on by default just to suit
> some knowitall
> running the latest release of Evolution-2.0.2.  If you wanna be a
> windows user so bad, go use it!

Thank you Gene.

I've never said more than "please post no HTML" and, when provoked then
provided some reasons.

I am offended at the rudeness of people such as Thomas. There are many factors
that go to _my_ choice of email client, and its ability to render HTML and
Javascript does not rank. I chose one to suit _my_ requirements.

I've been on RH lists off and on since Hurricane, and there are others I know
have been around a long time too: Robert Day, Joe Klemmer, Jo Dow. Mike
Harris used to be a regular too.

We help because we like to, and we keep it up because we're stupid.

Always, the use of HTML has ranked amongst the less desirable things people
do, that gets the most complaints: probably the silliest regular mistake is
emailing to the list in order to be removed.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield