Re: Mr. Day

I *never* said I was rational.  :-)

> The reality is that different people have different viewpoints about how
> lists work than you do, and you're not likely to get them to change. Not
> everyone sees politeness as a big priority when they are here giving of
> their own time for free.

If someone is giving his/her time for free but it is so irritating that
they need to resort to being nasty, maybe they should find another way
to give their time?

It is sad that people resort to this kind of behavior behind the
anonymity of the keyboard.  As I've mentioned in earlier posts, I can't
imagine that the people who act this way towards strangers on the lists
would act that way towards strangers in person.  Why would you consider
it OK to *ever* be that rude?  Is it so hard to just be nice?

> Newbies sometimes get flamed on mailing lists, it happens. If they are
> really interested in Fedora/Linux/etc. then they will persevere and learn.

"Everyone is doing it so it's OK?"  I'm sorry, I just don't accept that.
By that mentality it's OK to loot during riots and so on.

I should think that people would want to rise above and be better than
that.

Thomas