Re: etiquette question

MJang wrote:

However, I'm on digest, and am not sure how to do this properly, when
answering a question. I'm guessing a reply direct to the digest won't
maintain the thread.

Indeed, it starts a new thread. A better option is subscribing to individual messages, sorting them in a separate folder using Thunderbird's thread view, and deleting often.