Re: MySQL

Andrew Choens wrote:
The saga continues.  But strangely seems to have a happy ending.

I don't know what the heck I did right.  I've listed my steps, as random
as they are in the hopes that someone searching the net for this issue
might get some help from this.  I did many things, and finally got lucky
or something.  If you get into this situation and can't get out drop me
an email, I learned a lot about mysql in the process of all this.

I got mad and removed the mysql rpms again. I updated slocate with a
slocate -u (as root) and then removed anything that even looked like
mysql. I deleted several directories.

Then I reinstalled the rpms that came with fedora and then immediately
upgraded to the latest and greatest.  I made sure that any errors
introduced by me (intentionally or otherwise) in terms of the mysql
directories was removed with my earlier dissection.  Ignore the stuff in
OpenOffice.org and other programs.  Look for the stuff
in /var, /usr/share, /etc, "etc."  Delete it all.  Just for cleanliness,
get the lock out too.

I dunno.  It worked for me.  I don't know why.