Re: Start X?

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Am Do, den 02.12.2004 schrieb Lyle Kopnicky um 19:49:

When I type 'ls -al /etc/X11/X /usr/X11R6/bin/Xorg', both '/etc/X11/X' and '../../usr/X11R6/bin/Xorg' are flashing with a red background. There is no file '/usr/X11R6/bin/Xorg'. Neither is there a log file, '/var/log/Xorg.0.log'.

Ok.

I wonder if I am missing some packages? When I ran through the Fedora install, I selected XFCE but not X Basic. Since then I've installed a few other RPMS, but it hasn't helped.

A bit curious as installing a window manager the underlying X should be installed too as a dependency. You may run on console

yum install xorg-x11

to get X.

When I type

   yum install xorg-x11

I get:

You have enabled checking of packages via GPG keys. This is a good thing. However, you do not have any GPG public keys installed. You need to download the keys for packages you wish to install and install them. You can do that by running the command:
rpm --import public.gpg.key
For more information contact your distribution or package provider.

So, I typed

   rpm --import public.gpg.key

and got

   error: public.gpg.key: import read failed.

My network interface is working fine. How can I either a) turn of checking of packages via GPG keys, or b) import the GPG key?

Thanks,
Lyle