Re: What happened to gqview

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:29:06 -0700, Guy Fraser <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Only in "Life according to Rahul".

No need to get personal

> Fedora is supposed to be a community effort support by Redhat.

which is why I commented earlier that it hasnt actually materialised yet

> For PR reasons RH should at least make an effort to keep packages that
> the community wants, rather than just telling them to go get it some where
> else because they don't care.

 does voting really get the community input?. how do you determine
that?. does the current community want the same things a future
community of users would want? and so  on. You will never get the
ideal set of applications *you* want anyway

> elm, pico, gqview, xv, xawtv, wine and lilo.

pico was part of pine and when they changed their licenses it was
dropped. grub is better than lilo in many ways. wine was dropped due
to "developer restraints", probably a support issue

I have already said this but I would repeat again. The core can only
contain applications that is well maintained and supportable. what
users want is only part of the equation.

--
Regards,
Rahul Sundaram