Re: What happened to gqview

tom wrote:

gqview is far better in my opinion. You can make large, sharp thumbnails to work with and it's very flexible. gThumb seemd to allow larger thumbnails, but doesn't generate them, only stretches the small ones.

Agreed, I couldn't remember why I didn't like gthumb or kview, but you hit it on the head. Although I don't use the thumbnails in the file window, I like the image to be displayed at the same time as the files. I also use the auto-renaming and like the way the move shows the thumbnails of images when attempting to overwrite images of the same name.

I've found gqview the most useful, reliable, and stable photo management software I've ever used, in *nix or Windows.

At one time I would have said the same thing about xv.

I hope it doesn't get dropped.

tom