Re: OT: fighting rbl's

On Die, 2004-11-30 at 11:51 -0500, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> For such an issue encryption is a better solution.  Even going straight
> from your system to the advertised MX record you don't really know how
> many or which systems your message may pass through.  In addition if
> some one wanted to eaves drop they could access one of the many routers
> your message passes through and capture it that way.  Without encryption
> the message goes in plain text.  Any expectation of privacy when sending
> email should be corrected.  There is none.

End2End encryption requires some skills and privacy awareness of both
the sender and the recipient. Having mail servers that support TLS
encryption at least ensures that the mail cannot be read off-site, even
when it goes through a country that has no suitable privacy laws.

Tom

--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

We are tied to the ocean. And we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or
to watch it we are going back from whence we came. - John F. Kennedy