Re: 2 DNS, one machine

The bind DNS server supports what are called "views".  In essence this
allows one DNS server to act like it is multiple servers.  It is most
common to use views with a DNS server on a network boundary
(firewall), where one view is for all the hosts inside on the LAN and
another view (usually much sparser) is presented to the outside world
on the Internet.

If you want to do a lot with DNS you'd be best to go get the O'Reilly
book "DNS and Bind".  But the DNS howtos and operations manual may be
enough to get you going.

As far as the private IPv4 addresses,
   10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255
   172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
   192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255
those can only be used on a network not directly connected to the
Internet.  In fact your ISP's routers will just discard any traffic
with those IP addresses.

Note that you don't necessarily need to give names to any IP addresses
you set up; which means you probably don't need to worry about DNS at
all.
--
Deron Meranda