Re: Where is gdlib.so for PHP?

I'm going to answer myself. :-)
I figured out one way to do it, but it doesn't seem like this is the way one should have to go about including gd support in PHP.
But here it is.

If you go into /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-4.3.9/build-apache and run "configure --with-gd=shared --with-zlib" from with in there.
And then a make it will build the gd.so module. And then you can simply copy that into /usr/lib/php4 and add a gd.ini in /etc/php.d/

Shouldn't the gd.so files simply be copied into /usr/lib/php4 when doing an install of php?
Is there some mod that needs to be installed that I haven't found?

Thanks,
Mike

Michael J. Pawlowsky wrote:

Now I can compile it, but it doesn't seem to build libgd.so.
Does anyone know what I need to do to get it?