Re: How to configure CUPS

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 18:53, VJ wrote:

> He he he. This proves I am more than half brain dead :)
>
> I used it once and the moment it tried asking about the devices (printer,
> jetdirect etc. ) I thought I was doing something stupid. I tried and it
> worked.

Hmmm... guess I'm super-dense, but I can't see how to do this, even
after the benefit of your mistake.

I start the app (System Settings-> Printing), select "New", and get to
the point where I'm asked to select printer mfr. and model. I expected
to find a "Print to PDF" item in the list, but there is  no such item!
Where did I fall off the boat?

Another thing that confuses me: When I select Preferences->Printing
Manager, the list presented includes "Print to File (PDF)".

I'm sure this all makes perfect sense somehow, but I am struggling to
see how this fits together... can someone enlighten me?

Thnx,
Jay