Re: Apache and PHP

Danesh Daroui wrote:

MySQL works perfect on my system and it has no problem. It is a small LAN (With 6 systems and one server) and MySQL has been installed on server and works fine both remotely and locally. Also, yes, I connect throught port 3306 and from localhost. In fact, I didn't define them in PHP.ini because they will be retrieved from built-in MySQL variables which are default if I do not set them to any specific valus.

Which defaults to the UNIX domain socket, and therein lies the problem. Use the mysql_pconnect with all parameters. eg. $link = mysql_pconnect('localhost', DBUSER, DBPASS) and you'll solve your problem.

Brian

--
Brian Richardson
Software Developer