Re: FC2 locking up randomly

Tim Ballantine wrote:

Hello Tim,

It is pretty sure a hardware malfunction.

I have several FC2 & FC3 x86 based boxes up & running well, and the only events that make it stop is due to RAM/MB/CPU/Coolers...etc not working ok. Last kernels, updated automatically with yum.

Maybe you want to check RAM with memtest.

best regards

Teo Fonrouge

Hello,

I have just been told that the box was sitting pretty at the command prompt and working ok. All cables were secure and after being rebooted, came back to being net-aware. It's a tyan tomcat i875p motherboard and the network adapter being used is the single 10/100 interface. Going by what I am being told, I think this could be the interface either hardware of software failing.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem with an interface card/on-board with either this motherboard or not?

Cheers,

Tim

Tim,

Maybe you want to check your log /var/log/messages to see for an error

I remember vaguely to have a box that freezes when it used the ethernet interface provided by the motherboard (don't remember the MB brand). That was solved by simply adding a PCI ethernet card and not using the MB one's.

best regards

Teo Fonrouge