Re: Yup, it's definitely fedora's fault, not my hardware.

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:43:48 -0600, Randy <toucan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     The fix was to set the drive on the secondary IDE controller to
> 'master' instead of 'cable select'.  What is interesting is that the

Interesting.  I never trusted "cable select" because I go back a long
way to when it was considered very unreliable, so until recently I
always set up systems with one master and one slave.  When I took the
hard drive off of IDE1 and put it onto IDE0, I noticed that hda was
already jumpered CS, (cable select) but hdc was jumpered MA (master).
I changed to to CS when I put it on IDE0 (and made it into hdb).

One interesting thing, which I wouldn't think would matter but it
might, is that the CD-ROM drive is jumped as SL (slave), but it's at
the *end* of the cable, where if it were jumped CS it would it would
be the master.  Tomorrow if I have some time I'll try changing the
CD-ROM to cable select to see if that helps, but I don't see how it
could since both the hard drives are now on the other controller.

--
 "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we
are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and