Re: prism54

Le lun 22/11/2004 Ã 16:26, Scot L. Harris a Ãcrit :
> On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 10:06, Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
> > On 11/22/2004 03:39 PM, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> > > In my case for FC2 this works since I have just the one pcmcia interface
> > > card installed at a time.
> >
> > I have used the prism54 driver almost since it turned up. It has worked
> > fine with my 3CRWE154G72-card except for the latest versions with the
> > 2.6 kernel.
> >
> > It works OK as long as the traffic volume is low, but an FTP to a
> > computer on the same LAN, or accessing a big file over NFS, make it
> > halt. To recover I have to deactivate and then activate the card with
> > the network manager. I.e. for casual web browsing it works, but not for
> > file transfers. Do you, Scott, see any of this with your card?
> >
> > By the way, I have heard that there are now 3CRWE154G72-cards out there
> > that are not compatible with the prism54 driver... (mine is version 1.0)
>
> Have not seen any problems with traffic volume using the prism54 driver
> with the DWL-G650 card.  A couple of weeks ago I downloaded the iso's
> for solaris 10 over it and then used scp to push them over to another
> system on my local LAN.  Did not have any problems with that.
>
> System monitors was showing fairly high activity over the network
> interface when those transfers were being run.
>
> I believe I am running the latest 2.6 FC2 kernel and have not had to
> change anything.
>
> About the only thing that is really needed is a tool to manage wireless
> network connections.  I stated to look at network manager but it
> apparently needs an updated library (don't remember which one at the
> moment).  Have not pursued it further since I was in Chicago last week
> and needed my laptop for work.
>
> --
> Scot L. Harris
> webid@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> "Well, if you can't believe what you read in a comic book, what *___can*
> you believe?!"
> 		-- Bullwinkle J. Moose [Jay Ward]
I'm trying to get my prism pci card working (01:08.0 Network controller:
Intersil Corporation Intersil ISL3890 [Prism GT/Prism Duette] (rev 01))
but i have a lot of trouble with this. I achieved to make it work with
my network but the connection seems to be heratic : when i do a ping
over my network i obtain times from 1ms to 1000ms randomly. When i make
a test connection i only achieve 200kB/s in my private network whereas
with another wifi card using ndiswrapper i obtain a ping time quiet
constant around 1 or 2 ms and connections about 10Mb/s at least.
So i don't understand the pb. Help ?
Eric