prism54

I would like to know if the prism54 driver is included in fc2 and/or fc3?
I've also read that this driver need a firmware and that during the boot
process the hotplug process is disabled. So it seems that during the boot
process the firmware is not able to be uploaded and the wifi activation
can't be achieved during the boot process.
Any comments ?
Eric