Re: OT: Power Supplies

RoboticGolem wrote:

Well that settles that. I ran all day yesterday with no problems... The memtest ran from 9pm - 1pm with no errors, but at about 7:30pm
last night when the washer and dryer were going that it started up
again. Also there is a garage band that plays now and again, and I am
located (I believe) on the same grid as a football stadium.

Now the real trick, which one do I get.

If you have serious power issues, and it sounds like you do, the best UPS is a Ferroresonant version. That's a technology, not a brand. A ferroresonant UPS uses the laws of physics to get rid of transients by using a very heavy transformer to smooth out any noise. I would also suggest you get a true on line UPS with sinewave output.

These aren't cheap, but they're bullet proof.

--
Bill Gradwohl
bill@xxxxxxx