FC2 XP partition fstab entry won't work in FC3

With FC2 this fstab entry resulted in a desktop icon link to the my
fat xp partition without any action from me.

/dev/hda2  /mnt/XP  vfat  user,umask=000 	0 0

After a clean install with FC3 this same line doesn't do that. I can
access the partition in nautilus but no icon. I can't even make a link
to the folder.  Can someone explain to me what has changed in FC3 that
would cause this and how to fix the entry?
John